The Japanese nuclear emergency
In wake of current quakes, tsunami and consequent damage to nuclear power reactors and leakage of nuclear radiation, hundreds of thousands of Japanese are left struggling for survival. It has combined a natural disaster and the backfire from a technological monster. In this interview we will ask our learned guest about the scientific causes of earthquakes and tsunamis and how these natural disasters effect nuclear installations? What are the preventive measures against nuclear radiation fallout? As Pakistan is equally vulnerable to natural disasters and a country with many nuclear installations, so will also discuss the national context.
- Former Member, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- M.Sc. Chem Tech Pb, D.I.C. Materials Science Imperial College, London. Ph.D. Metallurgy, Imperial College, London University
- President, Pakistan Materials Research Society
- Fellow, Pakistan Institute of Metallurgical Engineers & Pakistan Nuclear Society.
- Recipient of national awards of Hilal e Imtiaz and Sitara e Imtiaz for contribution in the field of materials technology.