We recognize the importance of science as an essential ingredient required for the progress of Pakistan and its citizens, particularly students of science and the urgent need to create a vision of science rather than a mere recital of science in the present science education system.
Appreciating the need for simultaneous support from all quarters of the country and abroad for a better relocation of human and material resource, the KHWARIZMI SCIENCE SOCIETY has been set up as a professional, non-profit, academic, non-political scientific organization of volunteers whish will devote itself to the tasks of:
- Organizing, sponsoring, supporting and publicizing international, national and local conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, field visits, tutorials, meetings and dialogue.
- Promoting exchange of scientific information, materials, ideas, values and methodology amongst institutions, organizations and individuals – be they involved in science or the general public.
- Representing Pakistani science in the international community and acting as a mirror and marker for the current status of science in Pakistan.
- Providing fresh, up to date and authentic help to students of science through literature help, counseling, and advice in their research work and through the organization of discussions and seminars.
- Promoting the use of common facilities that might be too costly to set up at individual level.
- Promulgating the message of science to the general public.
- Encouraging and disseminating knowledge throughout the country for the benefit and social welfare of the country and humanity at large.
The KSS will endeavor to provide to students of science, crosscutting knowledge of the most recent developments in international science and technology.
The KSS will also make all efforts in reflecting, through its activities, the status of Pakistani science and technology and will give its target individuals a moment of thought over the degraded science system in the country.
- The KSS tries to elicit the underlying order and beauty in our natural surroundings, so that our Members engender a firm companionship and hence understanding of natural protection.
- The KSS also makes effort to produce strong collaboration among the educational institutions and research organizations in the country as well as different groups and organizations working with related goals throughout the world.
- The KSS also provides a chance to its Members to gain first hand practical knowledge through the organization of practical training workshops.
- The KSS aims at providing to its Member students a chance to share with others their knowledge and research experience and provide to them confidence and encouragement for further progress.
- The KSS tries to reveal the interdisciplinary character of science.
- The KSS strongly believes in the free dissemination and spread of scientific information.
- The KSS also tries to popularize science for the general public. Our publications, monographs and appearances in newspapers will be a means to this end.
- The KSS tries to build amongst its Members the values of tolerance, progressive-mindedness, democracy of thought and vision and the capacity to share with others their work and knowledge.
- One of the ultimate goals of the KSS is to help Pakistani science and to undertake such projects at small and large levels that can be of benefit to the scientific atmosphere of the country.
- The KSS brings people from diverse disciplines together and provides the Members an opportunity to discuss their problems with working scientists and professionals and be enlightened from their thought.
- The KSS also aims at the publication of quality science literature – in hard print and electronic forms